Diversity in One

with love, Ariance Valentina Hia (016201200120)

Indonesia is well known by its diverse cultures, ethnics, heritages, and even historical life of the societ. When you want to talk and discuss deeper about culture in Indonesia, it will not enough in only one page of this website. However, if you may know and realize, there is one thing that could shown the whole culture of a country in only one tour time. It is a museum. In Indonesia, people of Indonesia know well about what it is called National Museum of Indonesia. 
It was the first time when I came to Jakarta since two years ago I arrived here to study in President University. It was the first time I was amazed by the wonderful view of the Central Jakarta. The environment is so peaceful, neat, beautiful, fresh, and there are so many places that I have watched in television before. I am amazed by Monas Monument and National Museum of Indonesia. I imagine that one day my future house will be there (at least near that area). 

National Museum of Indonesia is the place where all cultural heritage, cultural education, ancient heritage of Indonesia are kept and preserved. Actually, I have never been inside the Museum. However, it is because my curious feeling about it, I tried to search all sources about this National Museum of Indonesia. A brief history, National Museum of Indonesia was built in 1778 in the age of Dutch Governmental in Indonesia. It has been 236 years till this year. There are prehistorical, ethnology, archaeology, history, and even geography collections. 
Prehistorical is where people had not known yet any writing. This is one of the prehistorical collection from Makasar, called BEJANA

Ethnography collection shows any ancient goods as the result of ethnicity in Indonesia. One of the collection is WATER VESSEL from Bajo, South Sulawesi. This vessel comes from Takalar ethnic. 

Archaeology collections included any culture as the result of human activities in Hindu-Buddha era. One of the collection in National Museum of Indonesia is GENESA STATUE. It is from Banon Temple, Central Java.

These are some collections that I found in the Google. Beyond those ancient goods and cultural heritages, I may state an amazing status of an Museum. Museum is where cultural diversity is being one. Museum represents that Indonesia lives in unity. How strong an influence of the existences of museum in a country. Museum is the place where power of society is found in one. Museum may create a love for any generations towards their nation. Museum may promote a country to other country. Museum could also bring cultural diversity in Indonesia keep balance and tolerance among each others. 
This is why I love Indonesia. I love museum. I love Jakarta. That's true that traffic jam is the worst problem of Jakarta, but it never break my love for Jakarta. Jakarta is much beautiful if you want to explore more about it.  My dream to live there will always stay in my heart. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment