Seoul, am I in love?

Posted by: Dara Puspita Nurani
 
"Seoul is more than just a city. Its explain all the joy you can ever have"

Bored with your school, college, work or even your daily routine? Hold on... Because summer is on the way! And related to that, in this post I'm not gonna talking about any formal information or whatever but let's enjoy another good place that the world has offer. I want to take you to a place where Hallyu Fever comes yet it was my last holiday trip. Yes its South Korea with its capital city, Seoul. Its Seoul! Seriously way too excited! What the best part of this trip anyway? Well for me, of course the weather! I know its amusing yet embarrassing tho, but it doesn’t matter because yay!! Finally I got to see how beautiful Seoul under snow. Here I won’t tell you the full part of my trip -because it would kill me or I could make a novel anyway-, but I will highlight the important things about what should you do, any places you should visit, and of course what to wear. However for those who will go there and need information about Seoul you can ask me anything, I will tell you anything I know.

I chose Seoul because I like its dramas -actually at the first-, but after I went there it feels like I want to go there again and over again.. Trust me, its a worth place to visit. Anything about South Korea is just positively beyond explanation, yet anything there is not really expensive and its easy to get (place to stay, transportation, food, etc). Well at that time I went there it was on January, so I had a really cold yet freeze winter in my trip. I think if you want to go there the best time to come maybe on fall season because there winter could reach until more than -10 degree Celsius, why I said so because the rainy snow could come anytime, maybe at the first time you will be happy to feel that but then you will realized that it could bother yourself and your trip (I felt so anyway). I didn’t go there by travel and tour or something because what I like most about traveling is to know how does it feels to living like a citizen of that country, well back again so I went there only with my friend and believe me none of us could speak Korean and know everything about Seoul except what we got from Google. Reckless, isn’t it? So let’s get lost!

We stayed at a guest house named Philhouse (you can type it on google) and I will recommend this place to you because its the coziest guest house ever! The owner and staffs are really kind and helpful, yet the location is near subway station (Achasan station, line 5) and of course the price per night is not really expensive. Under this place you can find convenience store where you can buy anything include food, and you can cook it by yourself at Philhouse. Fyi, I always bought 2 Kimbap to fill my tummy before I left the guest house. As what I said before, you don’t have to worry about transportation because the subway station is really near and you only need one card called T-Money to access all kind of transportation in Seoul. Don’t you ever worry about the direction also! Don’t hesitate to find and ask the people from tourism office who wear red jacket with (i) written there since they could speak English very well. Its very helpful yet easy because you can find those people like anywhere in Seoul; subway stations, tourism places, even at the streets.

Next I will mentioned a few places I’ve visit at South Korea which are; Gyeongbokgung Palace, Gwanghwamun Square, Nami Island, N-Seoul Tower, Myeongdong Street, Namdaemun Market, Gangnam Street, Hongdae Street, Ewha University, Hongik University, Mango Six Cafe, Caffe Bene, Tom and Toms Cafe, Hello Kitty Cafe, KTO, Kona Beans, Apgujeong Rodeo Street, and etc which I couldn’t mentioned all since its like really too much. But here I will tell some things about what should you do in Seoul; 1. girls, spend your money on make up here like seriously (don’t ask me why cause you’ll know), 2. don’t ever forget to eat over and over again Korean food as much as you can (fish cake, poop cake, toppokki, chicken bbq satay, kimbap, bibimbap, ddeokbokki, snacks, etc), 3. buy souvenirs at Namdaemun since the price is really tantalized and there you can bargain hehe, 4. you don’t have to bring much money unless you will shop a lot. Well if you need any information about how to get to those places, where to buy something, any other recommended places, or maybe about the budget you should bring, you can ask me since its a lil impossible to tell it here (no seriously I'm not lazy), I will be very happy to explain. One more thing, no matter what season you’ll go there, just don’t ever forget to be stylish all the time. Those oppa(s) and Unnie(s) are just successfully killed my eyes, and my mouth, and my clothes. Seriously.
 
image 

You know going abroad to other country is not only give us experiences but also teach us some values. As what I already experienced, people in South Korea are very nice, well-mannered, and friendly, like omg I couldn’t forget how an old lady gave me an orange just because I gave her my seat at subway, how some boys helped me to carried my baggage at subway station, and how some people try to communicated with me to told me where I should go when I was confused with the direction then took me to the place I wanted to go. They are just too nice. I was kinda lost there, but never been worried much because there would be always people who tried to help even when I wasn’t asking for. Just enjoy and explore by yourself because there are no better idea than going abroad as a living-people, not as a tourist. Why I dare to said so because beside the fun of traveling itself, it feels like you’re stepping out from your comfort zone to taste and learn new adventure, new knowledge, new experience, new culture, and for myself as an International Relations student nothing is more exciting than to interact with various kind of people from all over the world while also learn about people’s behavior and how we could deal and respect that. Anyway, remember to enjoy your holiday not only as an ordinary holiday thing but as an extraordinary one when you can learn many things for your life. So now, who's ready to get lost?

0 comments:

Post a Comment